This Data Privacy Statement explains how ChasingCarsUK Ltd uses your personal information. The document outlines what information is gathered, how it is processed, with whom it might be shared as well as how it is managed and kept secure. It also provides important information under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 on your rights.
Who are we?
We’re ChasingCarsUK Ltd, a vehicle restoration house with a vehicle search and select sales service. We are a registered UK company (UK Reg No.11647185).
Our registered address is: Unit 1B Marrtree Trading Estate, Rudgate, Thorp Arch, LS23 7AU. Our telephone number is: 01937 538288 and our email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
What information we collect from you
ChasingCarsUK Ltd collects, stores and uses personal information (ie name and contact details) obtained via the following methods in order to act on or respond to an enquiry to do business, provide goods, products or services both now and in the future.
How we get the information, and why we have it
The personal information we receive is provided to us directly by you for one – or more – of the following reasons:
- meet the terms of your enquiry;
- process orders that you have submitted;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- notify you of changes to our services;
- enable your use of the services available on our website or any other service such as platforms etc.
- supply you services purchased from any of our businesses or via our website;
- send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you and collect payments from you;
- send you our marketing material on our goods, products and services where you have opted in
- provide information and quotes on goods, products or services that may be of interest.
Who we may share your information with
- we will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
- we will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- whilst it is not our policy to disclose information to third parties unless clearly stated at the point of provision and with documented consent, the below outlines where your data may be shared;
- we may disclose your personal information to any of our staff, agents, subcontractors or suppliers where it would be reasonable to do so to provide the products or services you require. (if consent is necessary to share your data we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing). Below are examples (although not limited to) of circumstances where data may be provided, should you wish for a full list of companies please ask for details:
- third-party software to create invoices
- a third-party relating to providing finance quotes however they deal with you directly for personal financial information etc
- we may be legally obliged to disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- your consent – you are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this my emailing email@example.com
- we have a contractual obligation (to supply you/restore a vehicle)
- we have a legal obligation (to supply you/restore a vehicle)
- we have a legitimate interest (to supply you/restore a vehicle)
What we do with the information we have
We use the information that you have given us, in order to create the paperwork relating to the sale/purchase of your vehicle, or the restoration project. We may share this information with the necessary agencies relating to vehicle MOT and tax. Personal information is kept within the vehicle file and archived for accountancy purposes.
How we store your information
Your information is securely stored within our locked filing facilities on our premises and are not open to anyone other than the ChasingCarsUK team as required. We keep contact name, address, email and phone details along with car details, within our vehicle file. This information will be kept for a period of up to 7 years, in accordance with our financial/ accountancy obligations. After 7 years your data will be shredded and disposed of via a confidential waste disposal and documents management service company.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- your right of access – you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- your right to rectification – you have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- your right to erasure – you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- your right to restriction of processing - you have the right to as us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- your right to object to processing – you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- your right to data portability – you have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to
- another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you wish to exercise any of these rights please do so by contacting us by:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org [Subject line: Data Protection];
- post: Data Protection. Unit 1B Marrtree Trading Estate, Rudgate, Thorp Arch, West Yorkshire, LS23 7AU; or
- telephone: 01937 538288
You can complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data. The ICO’s address is: Information Commissioner’s Office, Whycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, and the helpline phone number is: 0303 123 1113.
CCUK - 06/2022